Give yourself or a friend the gift of fantastic helicopter rides and sightseeing. The best helicopter tours have you covered with helicopter excursions for every occasion, from taking in citywide vistas from a unique vantage point to short buzz flights and discovery trips.
The best helicopter ride companies customise your helicopter flight to fit your schedule. A private helicopter tour can take the stress out of travelling to your preferred location in the UK for work or leisure. You can select all the famous sights among the dozens of sightseeing tours available.
Check out our post on what to expect from an exclusive London helicopter tour that lets you see all of Central London or other locations of your choosing. You’ll soar hundreds of feet above the ground around the city and countryside, seeing everything from a different perspective. We have selected the best Helicopter Ride companies in the UK based on the latest in-depth reviews.
Table of Content
Best Helicopter Ride Companies 2024
From our research, here is a list of the best Helicopter Ride companies February 2024:
- Helicopter Ride Near Me
- The Helicopter Company
- Whizzard Helicopters
- Atlas Helicopters
- Central Helicopters
What is a Helicopter Ride Company?
A helicopter tour company takes customers on short flights to give them a bird’s-eye view of their city. This is usually pitched as a more expensive service for a more adventurous consumer, and it lends a sense of adventure to any neighbourhood. Helicopter tours and rides are permitted to fly over complete scenic attractions and private landing places.
Tours help travellers get the most out of their flight time, allowing them to fully appreciate the spectacular and picturesque things that the United Kingdom offers. During your sightseeing trip, you will typically fly at the height of 500-1500 feet. This, of course, is contingent on the impact of weather conditions and airport regulations during the day.
How to Choose the Best Helicopter Ride Company
The benefit of helicopter sightseeing tours is that you may cruise at considerably lower altitudes for the duration of your journey, giving you fantastic views along the route. The lower level view is ideal for viewing and admiring landmarks.
Here are some things you should look for when choosing the best helicopter ride company to get the stunning views you paid for:
- Safety Measures: No matter how promising helicopter tours seem, always make sure that the company follows all the safety measures throughout the journey.
- Exclusive Landing Sites: The private helicopter tour company must have perks like three exclusive landing sites.
- Pilot Commentary: If you’re using the helicopter ride for a tour, there must be an in-helicopter commentary through the headset intercom for all the sights.
- Free Cancellation: Try to choose an air tour company that doesn’t charge you for cancelling your flight in case of emergencies.
- Informative Company Website: Visit and explore their site to check for flight details, small groups perks, airports, reviews, etc.
- New Perspective: Choose a company that can give you a new perspective through oversized windows on famous sites like River Thames, River Mersey, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, and Big Ben.
How Do Helicopter Ride Companies Make Money?
The cost of a helicopter flight in the United Kingdom varies substantially depending on several factors. All components of the tour’s cost are affected by the trip’s destination, duration, and whether or not extra activities or upgrades are included.
Executive choppers have six seats, one for the pilot and one for each passenger. Some helicopters include seating for six or seven passengers in addition to the pilot. The price of each flight is simply displayed next to each trip offering on the website of your chosen helicopter ride company.
Additionally, most airfields have clubs with a café where you can eat or drink while waiting for your aircraft to land. The majority of operators encourage spectators to wave you off. Most ground station owners usually welcome people who try to wave them away.
Helicopter Ride Companies to Avoid
To ensure you get the bang for your buck, try avoiding companies with the following red flags:
- If you decide to splash money to see certain sparkling lights or neon lights from above, make sure to avoid helicopter ride companies that don’t follow specific itineraries and flights.
- A legitimate company will always ask for proof of identification when you’re signing up, so avoid a flight tour firm if they don’t ask you for any ID document.
- Avoid a helicopter tour if they don’t display their specific route and schedule. Other companies can offer you printed maps or guides to help you locate the most important locations.
- While flying, your pilot will generally suggest to you the best landmarks to visit. You can hear the pilot speak and have an earphone in a helicopter. If you notice that such benefits are missing, leave.