Living in a loft conversion is a great way to live in the UK. With its unique architecture and style, you’ll feel like you’re living in a different world. The higher ceilings and large windows provide a lot of natural light, making the space feel more spacious.
Lofts are perfect for working professionals who need more space than they can get at their current residence. They’re also great for families who want to move into an area with a lot of activity but don’t want all of the noise and hustle of living in an urban neighbourhood.
You’ve decided to move into a loft conversion. The problem is, that you don’t know where to start or what sort of company can help you with your project. Well, we’re here to help.
We’ve compiled this list of the best loft conversion companies in the UK so that you can get started on your journey with ease and efficiency.
Table of Content
Best Loft Conversion Companies in the UK in 2023
If you’re looking for a loft conversion company in the UK, we’ve got you covered. For 2023 December, we’ve come up with a list of the best loft conversion companies in the UK for your home. Feel free to check out all of them.
- Expert Loft Conversions
- Simply Loft
- Altitude Loft
- Bespoke Lofts
What is a Loft Conversion Company?
Loft conversion agencies are businesses that specialise in loft conversions. They can help you choose the best design for your space, provide you with an estimate for the work and then carry out the loft conversion once it’s been completed.
Loft Conversions Specialists are companies that have a team of experts who specialise in working on different types of properties, such as commercial and residential ones alike. They offer advice on how to make your home more energy efficient or improve its appearance by adding extra features such as skylights or bay windows. This can save money by reducing running costs over time as well as making sure none of those added features causes any additional problems like blocked drains.
How to Choose the Best Loft Conversion Company
When choosing the best loft conversion companies in the UK consider the following factors:
- Look at the company’s website and social media to check for their services
- Make sure that their quote is clear. They should break everything down in their quote. They should also be clear about additional charges.
- Look at their accreditations, licences and permits. Companies with licences have professions in loft conversion
- Ask friends and family for recommendations on loft conversion companies in the UK, as well as other cities across the UK that you can use for your own needs or those of an existing client base.
- Read reviews from past clients that have used these services before.
- Check out whether they offer insurance cover during construction or not. If this is not included it may be worth looking elsewhere.
- You should also check if there are any specific documents required by law before starting construction work on a property so make sure you do this very carefully.
How Does a Loft Conversion Company Make Money?
You might be thinking, “But how do they make money?” Well, let’s see:
They take a percentage of the cost of your loft conversion. The average fee for a loft conversion is around £27-40k but it can go as high as £75k or more depending on the type of loft conversion, how much work you want to be done and other factors.
In Rafter Loft Conversion Company, Velux loft conversions start at £18,000 and rear dormer conversions start at £27,000. To make sure they’re getting their fair share of this, most companies will charge you at least 10% upfront; this is called an ‘admin fee.
They charge for design and planning work during the planning stage and construction stage. This usually costs between £1-3.5k per room – so if there are five bedrooms in total then that would be about £25k worth of designs. Again, though this varies depending upon what type of home we’re talking about here – some people prefer modern styles whilst others prefer traditional styles which means these fees could vary quite significantly from company to company when it comes time to designing those new rooms.”
Loft Conversion Companies to Avoid
Choosing a loft conversion company in the UK might seem like a daunting task. There are so many different companies out there, and you don’t want to hire the wrong one. So, you need to avoid companies with the following characteristics:
- Companies that don’t have any reviews. Companies without reviews have no experience with loft conversion
- Companies that are too cheap. They might be cheap but offer low-quality services
- Companies that are too expensive, because you’ll end up paying for the project twice—once in the initial cost of your home, and then again when it comes time to pay off all expenses associated with loft conversion. The best way to avoid this is by finding a reputable company that offers fair prices and quality workmanship.
- Companies that don’t have websites. Companies that don’t have websites are likely to be conned, because, you will be able to trace reviews and their services. also, you will not be able to tell if they have been around for some time.
- Avoid companies without physical address/location. Make sure their location is accurate so you can get through quickly should something go wrong during construction or maintenance operations on site–this will save both parties time during emergencies
Full List Loft Conversion Companies
The best thing about living in a loft conversion is that they’re usually more affordable than other London properties. We have done some research for you, it’s time to compare prices between different companies so that you can get an idea of which one offers value for money while still meeting all your needs.
We hope that you’ve now decided to choose one of our best loft conversion companies in the UK.
Here is the full list.