Air ducts are not immune to the effects of time: as they get older, they start to collect dust and other pollutants. This dust and debris can clog filters and potentially get into your house or business through the years.
Improve your indoor air quality with the help of the best air duct cleaning service. Please browse through the companies offering air duct cleaning services that we have selected and deal with dirty air ducts.
Table of Content
- 1 Best Air Duct Cleaning Companies 2022
- 2 What is an Air Duct Cleaning Company?
- 3 How to Choose the Best Air Duct Cleaning Company
- 4 How Do Best Air Duct Cleaning Companies Make Money?
- 5 Air Duct Cleaning Companies to Avoid
- 6 Full List Of Air Duct Cleaning Companies
Best Air Duct Cleaning Companies 2022
From our research, here is a list of the best [INSERT INDUSTRY] companies May 2022:
Air Duct Cleaning are our top pick for air duct cleaning companies based in the UK, working across the country to carry out their highly reputable and well-priced services.
This business has built up a terrific reputation over the years for the work they carry out, and the fact that they work all across the country to offer their cleaning services is a massive bonus.
To learn more about Air Duct Cleaning and what they do, why not check out their website above, or read our full review of the business on our website.
Swift Clean are another example of a great air duct cleaning business, making it in at #2 on our list.
This organisation are known for the reliability of their work as well as competitive prices, and work in the UK offering a multitude of services, one of which being duct cleaning.
So if you’d like to learn more about who Swift Clean are and what they do, you can read up about them on our review page today!
Pro Duct Clean
Pro Duct Clean are our third best pick for air duct cleaning companies, with 20 years of experience working in the UK to offer their services.
Pro Duct Clean have lots of different services to choose from, from kitchen cleaning to fire damper testing and of course, air duct cleaning.
If you’d like to find out any more about Pro Duct Clean and who they are, why not read the review we carried out on our website.
What is an Air Duct Cleaning Company?
Cleaning the air ducts is a necessary cleaning service, especially for households. Air duct cleaning is the process of cleaning your air ducts and the entire duct system, including the supply, intake, and return vents, with expert air duct cleaning equipment. Cleaning the registers, grilles, fans, HVAC unit, and, if applicable, the furnace is also part of air duct cleaning.
Professional duct cleaning equipment is sold by air duct cleaning firms, and it is designed to clean your air ducts and make them a healthier living environment in your home. It is advised that you get your air ducts cleaned every three to five years, while in some circumstances, two to three years would be the most significant time for the best results and efficiency.
If not properly installed, maintained, and operated, these components may become contaminated with dust, pollen, or other materials. When moisture is present, the chance of microbiological growth increases, and spores from such growth may be released into the living environment. Some of these toxins may cause allergic reactions or other symptoms in those who are exposed to them.
How to Choose the Best Air Duct Cleaning Company
Working with professionals is vital if you want your heating and cooling system cleaned. Because there are so many air duct cleaning service providers on the market, finding a professional duct cleaning business is challenging. However, you can make your task easier by considering the following characteristics while looking for a reputable duct cleaning company.
- Research About the Various Air Duct Cleaning Services. Look for several cleaning businesses in your neighbourhood on the internet. You can also ask your coworkers for recommendations of people they have hired. After you’ve gathered a diverse group of people, interview them one by one. One approach to tell if a firm has a lot of experience is to inquire how long they’ve been in business. An air duct cleaning company that has been in business for more than five years is more likely to do an excellent job than one that has only been in business for a month.
- Ask for a License and Insurance. A license certifies that you are legally permitted to operate. A business that does not have one should be avoided. You should also double-check the papers to ensure that they are genuine. It is not a good idea to work with a cleaning business that is not insured. Working with an insured firm ensures that any damages incurred during the cleaning procedure will be repaid. In case and accident happens, you will also avoid hospital fees and court proceedings. Check to see if your insurance is up to date.
- Countercheck their Reputation. Companies with more than ten years of experience are more likely to be well-known. A company’s reputation is what keeps it going for a long time. You can also inquire with your friends to see whether they are aware of the company. Make sure to contact a local council that deals with air duct cleaning services and ask about the company’s history. This will provide you with more information on the company with whom you are considering working. To clean and prevent bacteria in the future, several firms utilise chemical treatments throughout the duct cleaning procedure. Some of these compounds, on the other hand, can induce allergic reactions in people in your family. It is critical to read the cleaning product’s directions before using it.
- Inquire About their Method. Compare duct cleaning companies’ quotes and services before making a decision. Some have costly quotes for services that can be had for a lower price. Don’t just go for the cheapest option. Some may be inexperienced, and this is how they attract customers. Other aspects should be considered when comparing costs.
- Ask to Discuss How Long the Cleaning Will Take. You may prepare for the duct cleaning exercise by knowing how long it will take. You should also be aware of the company’s plans for your home’s security during the procedure. Will your seats and floor be covered? Will you have to relocate your pets and children as well?
- Compare Prices. Compare duct cleaning companies’ quotes and services before making a decision. Some have costly quotes for services that can be had for a lower price. Don’t just go for the cheapest option. Some may be inexperienced, and this is how they attract customers. Other aspects should be considered when comparing costs.
How Do Best Air Duct Cleaning Companies Make Money?
It’s vital to keep your air duct system clean in order to keep contaminants out of your home and provide you with safe, high-quality breathable air. The air quality in your house has a significant impact on the health of your family. Maintaining cleanliness, especially now, will reduce your chances of becoming unwell and weaken your immune system. Air duct cleaning companies have various service methods, including source removal, steam air duct cleaning, truck-mounted vacuum cleaning, and point-of-contact cleaning.
The most popular and highly recommended way of cleaning air ducts is source removal. This mechanically cleans your system by removing dirt and particles that have built up over time. This method of elimination contains two essential elements: mechanical agitation and extraction. These particles tend to statically cling or attach to the inside of your air ducts.
Steam air duct cleaning uses a wand to stir and dislodge particles, grime, and debris clinging to your vent walls by releasing high-pressure, high-temperature steam into the duct system.
The truck-mounted vacuum cleaning method connects the trunk lines of the vent system to a vacuum from the truck. This line draws between 10,000 and 15,000 cubic feet of air per minute. Rotary brushes are put into air vents to help loosen and transport waste to the collection location.
Point-of-contact cleaning, by far the safest and most successful cleaning approach to date, employs a portable vacuum with a HEPA filter along with an agitating device are used to clean the air ducts. The HEPA filter is essential in the cleaning process because it decreases cross-contamination.
Air Duct Cleaning Companies to Avoid
There are a lot of air duct cleaning firms out there that will take your money and give you poor service. Here are a few things to check for in order to avoid inadequate services.
- Certifications. NADCA certification is required for a reliable duct cleaning firm. Unfortunately, some companies falsely claim to be NADCA certified. As previously stated, Air Care Services is NADCA-certified, which means our professionals will serve you and your family with the best duct cleaning in Naperville and the surrounding areas of metropolitan Chicago.
- Unusually Fast Servicing. Be wary of companies that offer to clean your ducting in an hour or less. It’s hard to clean your ductwork and other components of your HVAC system thoroughly in that length of time, so our professionals will take about 2.5 – 3 hours to complete the job. You will want to make sure that you receive a thoroughly cleaned air duct.
- Suspicious Discounts and Promotions. Don’t be fooled by a firm that gives you air duct cleaning pricing that is too good to be true. At best, you’ll get a perfunctory cleaning of a few vents at a bargain price, and at worst, they’ll try to persuade you into a more expensive cleaning package that may contain services you don’t require. This tactic is referred to as “blow and go” in the industry. Be on the watch for these scams and be aware that higher-quality services and firms are available to complete the task.
- Mould and Toxic Substances. Scammers will say that you have mould or other harmful chemicals in your ductwork and HVAC system, scaring you into paying more than you need to. Our technicians will not make that claim until they find absolute proof of an issue, and you have our word on it.
Full List Of Air Duct Cleaning Companies
We have compiled a list of Air Duct Cleaning below: