The Ultimate Guide to Wilson & Roe High Court Enforcement Ltd

Has Wilson and Roe High Court Enforcement Ltd been in contact with you?

Are you unsure who Wilson and Roe are or what they want? Do you want to know how to handle your debts before matters worsen?

Do Not Speak to Wilson & Roe Until You Know About This

Find Out More

Keep reading our informative article, and we will cover all there is to know about handling Wilson and Roe.

Growing debt can have a serious impact on an individual’s mental health. You don’t have to land in persistent debt; there is a way out of financial hardship.

We will cover plausible debt solutions that could help. Check out our list of the best UK debt help charities in June 2024.

Who are Wilson and Roe?

Wilson and Roe is a high court enforcement agency that works on behalf of a range of companies, such as:

  • Law firms.
  • Businesses.
  • Lenders,
  • Local authorities.
  • Landlords.
  • Property agents.

Wilson Roe High Court Enforcement was established in 2000 by Andy Roe and Andrew Wilson, and they work across England and Wales conducting ethical debt recovery.

They are a legitimate company that follows guidelines from the High Court Enforcement Officers Association (HCEOA).

What are Wilson and Roe’s contact details?

You can contact Wilson and Roe via the following methods:

Salford office

London office

Bristol office

Why are Wilson and Roe contacting me?

If you owe an outstanding debt, you might hear from Wilson and Roe on behalf of your original creditor.

Wilson Roe collects the following types of debt:

  • CCJ debts over the value of £600.
  • Unpaid council tax.
  • Outstanding income tax.
  • VAT arrears.
  • National insurance debts.

If a company doesn’t have the time or the expertise to chase certain debts, it will hand the debt over to Wilson Roe.

You can request a Proof of Debt letter informing you of the company or authority to which you originally owed the debt.

Should I ignore Wilson and Roe’s debt?

If you ignore Wilson and Roe’s letters and attempts at contact, you will only worsen matters.

Your debts will continue to grow, even if you ignore them, and you will likely face high court enforcement officers showing up at your home.

Try to meet your monthly payments to avoid additional fees, such as bailiff costs.

Get a Proof of Debt

You shouldn’t ignore Wilson and Roe. However, you also shouldn’t pay them without doing your due diligence first.

You should obtain Proof of Debt before making any payments towards your debts.

A Proof of Debt proves that the debt in question belongs to you, so if Wilson Roe cannot provide you with valid documentation, do not make any repayments.

Check if the debt is statute-barred

If your debts have not been paid or chased within the last six years, they are deemed statute-barred.

The term statute-barred essentially means your creditors cannot legally chase repayment.

Will Wilson and Roe high court enforcement officers come to my house?

If you refuse to pay your debt owed, then it is likely that Wilson Roe high court enforcement officers will come to your house.

You do not have to let the high court enforcement officer into your property, and it is illegal for them to force entry.

To avoid bailiffs entering your home, lock your door and close the windows. You are permitted to ask them to leave and to contact you via another method, such as phone.

If the Wilson Roe high court enforcement agents refuse to leave, you need to call a bailiff helpline or the police.

What can Wilson and Roe do?

When Wilson and Roe collect debts, there are certain actions they are permitted to take. These include:

  • Visit your home address and try to encourage you to pay.
  • Contact you via letter, email, or phone (within a reasonable time).
  • Add charge and interest to your debts if you refuse to make payment.
  • Send high court enforcement officers to seize your assets.
  • If a payment arrangement is not met, file for a County Court Judgment or other debt orders.

Bailiffs should adhere to an ethical protocol; however, sometimes, a high court enforcement officer might attempt methods that are not encouraged or permitted.

What can’t Wilson Roe do?

Wilson and Roe are not permitted to take the following action to reclaim unsecured debts for their commercial clients:

  • Use confusing and manipulating legal jargon.
  • Provide incorrect details about your debt.
  • Inform other individuals about your debts or court fines.
  • Threaten, intimidate, or harass you in an attempt to recover debt.
  • Force entry to your property via the window or door.
  • Call you at unreasonable times.
  • Reclaim a car that displays a blue disabled badge.

If the Wilson Roe bailiffs act unlawfully, you should immediately call the bailiff helpline or the police.

Keep reading to find out how to make a complaint about Wilson and Roe bailiffs.

Can Wilson and Roe Limited Break into My House?

Wilson and Roe can only enter your home if you permit them or if they have a liability order from the court issuing a warrant.

They can be classified as an unauthorised trespasser if they try and force their way in without a warrant.

What happens if I don’t pay Wilson and Roe?

If you do not make your payments to Wilson Roe, further county court action will be taken against you, making your personal situation even harder to regain control of.

For example, you might be issued a County Court Judgement or forced to file for bankruptcy. Find out what alternatives to bankruptcy are available.

Remember that every time bailiffs are sent to your door, you will be charged more money for your debt, even from the first visit.

Can Wilson and Roe High Court Enforcement remove items from my home?

If you let a Wilson Roe high court enforcement officer enter your property, they may be permitted to claim your assets as collateral for your debt.

They must hold a Controlled Goods Agreement before legally reclaiming belongings from your home.

Bailiffs can take luxury items, including televisions, jewellery, and vehicles. However, they are not permitted to take the following essential items:

  • Fridges or microwaves.
  • Blue Badge vehicles.
  • Pets, such as guide dogs.
  • Items not owned by the debtor.

If your creditors try to reclaim unlawful assets, you seek free advice services to help you deal with the situation in a professional manner.

You can call the police if you think your creditors’ services have not been satisfactory.

Do Not Let Wilson and Roe Into Your House Until You Know About This

Find Out More

Wilson and Roe’s enforcement fees

There are lump sum costs tied to every stage of enforcement:

  • Compliance – Fixed fee of £75.
  • Enforcement – Fixed fee of £235 and a 7.5% rate on anything over £1,500.
  • Sales of Goods – Fixed fee of £110 and a 7.5% rate on anything over £1,500.

Most debt collection agencies will adhere to similar payments.

Are there any additional charges Wilson Roe can attach to your debt?

Alongside collection costs, there is additional money you might have to pay:

  • Money for storing your assets in a storage facility.
  • Money for any locksmith charges.
  • Money for any court action.
  • Money for auctioneer charges for the sale of your property

To avoid paying more money toward your debt, set up a repayable payment plan that you can achieve.

How to make a complaint about a Wilson and Roe’s enforcement agency

You can raise a complaint about Wilson and Roe by calling, emailing, or posting a letter to your nearest branch and following their complaints process.

If you are unhappy with the complaints process provided by W&R, you can escalate your complaint to the High Court Enforcement Officer’s Association, HCEOA.

You can contact the HCEOA to raise your notice of complaint via the following methods:

How can I stop Wilson and Roe’s enforcement agents?

You can attempt to stop dealing with bailiffs by getting your debts paid. Once you have paid your debts, the bailiffs will often leave you alone and start dealing with someone else.

You can try the following methods to gain some control of our situation.

Communicate with Wilson Roe directly

If you are struggling to meet your original debt arrangement, you should contact Wilson and Roe immediately, explaining your unique situation.

If they see that you are struggling to pay, not avoiding pay, then they might change your arrangement to an amount you can afford to pay.

W&R is dedicated to helping its struggling customers as they want to receive some pay, if not all.

Seek out debt solutions

If you need additional support, you can find a debt solution to help you pay.

Debt charities can provide free support and guidance for individuals struggling to meet their payment plans.

Many debt advisory services highlight debt solutions that could help debtors make their repayments, such as IVAs, DMPs, and DROs.

Debt charities can even help you fill out court forms and may speak to creditors on your behalf.

What if I can’t pay Wilson Roe?

You can find suitable debt solutions that will help you pay:

Debt management plan

You could look for a debt management plan or DMP, that allows you to freeze your interest rates and make lower payments.

Debt relief order

Perhaps a debt relief order might help! A DRO freeze any instalments for an entire year, so you can have a break from your debt.

Declare bankruptcy

Bankruptcy is always a last resort, and many free debt advice teams will not recommend bankruptcy until you have exhausted every other option.

Seek debt advice

Seek out a free debt advice team, for example, a debt charity or financial advisory service.

These companies have a dedication to providing quality service and helping individuals out of financial difficulty.


What if the Wilson and Roe letter isn’t for me?

Do not ignore letters from Wilson and Roe, even if they are not for you, as this is not sensible.

For example, you will still be hounded to pay by deciding not to rectify the error, even though the debt isn’t yours.

You should contact W&R and explain a mistake has been made, so they can update their detailed reports and chase the actual debtor.

I have made an arrangement but cannot afford to keep paying regularly

If you can no longer afford to pay your original payment plan, you need to contact the Wilson and Roe team as soon as possible.

As soon as you realise you won’t be able to meet your next instalment, you should make W&R aware.


Owing money to a creditor, like Wilson and Roe, can be daunting and stressful. It may even impact your mental health.

Always seek out free advice from a debt charity to help you make your repayments.

Don’t plummet into persistent debt. Tackle your financial problems head-on and stop them from escalating.

List of Debt Collection Agencies UK

Here is a list of all the debt collectors in the UK.